• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pleaded guilty to child abuse, 7years later pregnant again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Boyer312

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I have pleaded guilty to child abuse 7 years ago. I volunteered my parietal rights to another person. I am currently pregnant again and much older then the first one. The case has been closed for 6 years now. So far noone has bothered me or come after me so I was wondering if this will effect the new baby when he or she arrives?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I have pleaded guilty to child abuse 7 years ago. I volunteered my parietal rights to another person. I am currently pregnant again and much older then the first one. The case has been closed for 6 years now. So far noone has bothered me or come after me so I was wondering if this will effect the new baby when he or she arrives?
Unless you are under probation/parole with terms that prevent you being around children or have a court order against you that specifies you can’t be around children that old case will not cause you immediate problems when the child is born. But if allegations of abuse of your child do arise you can expect that the matter will be treated all the more seriously because of that prior conviction. Also, that conviction might hurt you in a dispute with the father over custody and visitation.

Boyer312

Oh okay. I haven't been on probation for almost 2 years. Everything is closed and done. When I was on it, I had to take some classes. I completed both my classes and got off probation. Everything is completely closed now. Thank you soo much for the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">