• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pleas help F1(currently no status) married to green card holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member

I have entred in usa feb 2008 on F1 student visa. I got married end of feb2008 to green card holder. Because of my carelessness i didnt started study and last week(nov 2008) i found out i have no status. my husbuand already filled I-130 application and sent over.

My husband going to be USA citizen in 2 years time.

My question are

(1) Is that any way i can start my study and gain my F1 status back?

(2)when my husband will be usa citizen and i wont have any status...will it creat any problem for my green card?

(3) If i start study now without any status will help as a valid reason during my green card to make my case stronger?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential