• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

ben_9

What is the name of your state? GA

We moved from Texas to Georgia in Nov'2001.We had medical Insurance(COBRA) from my former employer for which I used to pay the premium after my layoff.My previous employer forgot to pay my last payment (Nov'01) to the insurance carrier. I was not aware of it and had gone to the doctor as my spouse needed immediate medical care bacause of accident. After a year we received bills from Hospital because insurance denied to pay.

What legal action can I take againist my Exemployer for not paying insurance premium?

Due to misguidence of a insurance agent regarding COBRA,he told that it will cover for one more month after discontinuation. Based on that my spouse underwent a surgery during the month of December and we received a bill of 15k.

Please give me a solution to get out of this huge debt.

I appreciate earlier response

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The US Department of Labor handles COBRA violations. Give them a call.

B

ben_9

Hi,

Thanks for ur early reply,i really appreciate it.What i would like to know is ,is there anyway i can cover up the december months bills of 15k through the insurance.plz let me know.i would appreciate any answer and thanks in advance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If your last payment was for November 01, bills incurred in December would not be covered regardless of what the employer did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">