• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please advise re sensitive insurance prob.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John E. Rosoff

What is the name of your state?
California
Six months ago my neighor's tree fell on a fence we shared. We paid half of restoration fee from our homeowner's insurance and were warned that if we submitted one more claim they would cancel our insurance. This was our only homeowers claim, we do not abuse insurance. The tree was one of two in his backyard and a pine tree. The second tree is on the fence line on his property and some of its limbs overhang the roof of our house. This type of pine often loses limbs in wind storms and some limbs are substantial in size. I'm worried that the windy season is coming soon and we may have one of the limbs crash down on our roof and lose our insurance. I've told our neighbor about it but this week he had a stroke with brain damage which has an effect of causing loss of short term memory. Can you advise me so that I can protect myself. As luck would have it our neighbor is an old neighbor and a friend and I do not want to harm him when he is in this difficult position but I need to take some steps to protect myself. Today a real estate appraiser visited our neighbor and I think he will sell his house in a week or two. Your wise advice is much appreciated.
Sincerely,
John E. Rosoff
http://www.geocities.com/johnrosoff/john_edward_rosoff.index.html

Last edited:

Since he is an old neighbor and a friend (and in poor health), can you offer to prune the tree limbs, which might cause any damages?

You could have a tree guy come out and do this relatively inexpensively, as long as your neighbor agreed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">