• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please explain me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Murali

:eek:

If one person having a non-Emergency surgery (like for Ex: My wife got an IUD removed.)then isn't it necessary for a provider to give an estimated cost befor the surgery and also check with insurance company whether the perticular procedure is covered or not and advice the patient.
Because as a layman i don't know any medical terminology and what kind of suregery is covered and waht is not. On my insurance card it only says.. "inform @ 1800-xxxxxxx in 24 hr period". and nothing else.

ALawyer

You have the right to ask the provider "what does this cost" and if the provider will take the insurance benefits in lieu of the regular fees.

When you go to the restaurant and the server says "tonight's special is filet of beef" and the price is not on the menu, I ask. You should too, at the doctor's office especially.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ALawyer said:

"When you go to the restaurant and the server says "tonight's special is filet of beef" and the price is not on the menu, I ask."

=========================================

My response:

However, the flip side of that coin is also true - - "If you have to ask, then you can't afford it."

I never ask.

IAAL

ellencee

How and when did the removal of an IUD become a surgical procedure? It's like pulling a cord to turn on a light; surgery not.
(and, yes, I do know that it hurts like hell to pull out an IUD and apparently doesn't hurt the light at all to have its cord pulled!;)

T

toasted

"""If one person having a non-Emergency surgery (like for Ex: My wife got an IUD removed.)then isn't it necessary for a provider to give an estimated cost befor the surgery and also check with insurance company whether the perticular procedure is covered or not and advice the patient.
Because as a layman i don't know any medical terminology and what kind of suregery is covered and waht is not. On my insurance card it only says.. "inform @ 1800-xxxxxxx in 24 hr period". and nothing else."""

You should read your insurance book that you should have gotten when you received your policy. Most procedures are listed along with ones that are not. If you never got one, you should call and ask.

Its not ever necessary for them to give you an estimate. If you want that information you should call and ask them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">