• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help can i beat this case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I was arrested for felony poss. For drugs . I was visiting my mom we were all inside the house out of no where I see a cop walking up the steps to my mom's house and he entered and arrested me for poss. But he entered private property the cop said there was a call of suspicious activity and parked his car outside the key pad gate to enter the property climbed over gate looked inside first house and came around to my mom's house where he was walking up front steps where he them saw me hit a pipe and continued up the stairs and came through the front door straight to me and arrested me is it illegal for him to do that he didnt receive a call of suspicious activity no one lives around us my mom lived on 54 acres and there isn't a house around can he just jump over our gate without any type of approval and do that or can I beat the case

Just Blue

I was arrested for felony poss. For drugs . I was visiting my mom we were all inside the house out of no where I see a cop walking up the steps to my mom's house and he entered and arrested me for poss. But he entered private property the cop said there was a call of suspicious activity and parked his car outside the key pad gate to enter the property climbed over gate looked inside first house and came around to my mom's house where he was walking up front steps where he them saw me hit a pipe and continued up the stairs and came through the front door straight to me and arrested me is it illegal for him to do that he didnt receive a call of suspicious activity no one lives around us my mom lived on 54 acres and there isn't a house around can he just jump over our gate without any type of approval and do that or can I beat the case
What state?

Eekamouse

Something happened that brought the cop to your door. He didn't just randomly pick a house and hit pay dirt.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
can he just jump over our gate without any type of approval and do that or can I beat the case
If he could see what appeared to be illegal activity occurring in plain view from outside the property then in general he may enter the property to investigate and make the arrest for that illegal activity. You have been charged with a felony so you really need a lawyer. Your lawyer will review all the facts and determine what defenses you might have.

Mass_Shyster

You need a lawyer. Based on your version of events, there may be a fourth amendment issue. I suspect, however, that the police version of events is somewhat different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">