• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help i dont know if i should ask for an order of protection after

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chuchi

What is the name of your state? fl
hi please i need some advice i have a lawyer but she doesnt want me to get an order of protection after my ex harrased me with like 32 calls , we are in a custody battle and waiting for a second mediation,but this monday i found my car window broken and th police asked me if thee somebody mad at me and i explain to him that my ex and i are fighting for custody of my baby and he is married so he recommend me to file a report which i did but he also told me i could get an order of protection but i dont know what to do because of my attorney negotiation i didnt tell my attorney because am afraid she is going to say the same ,she always said that if i dont do what she says then i should get another lawyer and afraid that she can suit me if i left her but am worried it was my ex that sent somebody to break my car i have no problems with anybody, i also sent a letter to his wife telling her about our child and affair and in a respectfull way i explained the truth i didnt know he was married and this happen and i dont know what to do please help. thank you.

kat1963

I suggest listening to your lawyer unless you want to find yourself in front of a judge without one. You have a history of mental illness, you need to follow her suggestions, that is what you pay your lawyer for. She went to law school, she knows her business, she also (hopefully) knows the judges and what they do and do not want to hear in custody cases. She also knows more about you and your case then any of us here. Who suggested you send that letter to his wife? Was this under your lawyers advice?
KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">