• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help!-Just a question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Texas--- I moved to Texas 5 months ago and decided to go back to college. I filled out an application, did not falsify any information about my residency, and received written documentation that I was accepted as an In District student. I enrolled because of the In District tuition rate, paid my bill, and bought books. Three weeks into the semester I recieved a letter from the college stating "In reviewing your admission file, it has come to our attention that you have not lived in the state of Texas for at least one year and should have paid the out of state tuition rate for the Fall 2005 semester." The college is now billing me for an extra $550 that I cannot afford to pay. It has been past the deadline to receive full reimbursement on tuition and also to get a full refund for my books. I want one of two things to be done. 1) They let me continue with the semester with the In District student rate or
2) They refund my money for tuition AND books, since it's past the deadline to receive a full refund. When I go to talk to them, and they refuse either option, is there anything I can do? Do I have a legal leg to stand on?
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential