• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help, Last Minute Questions, Todays The Day Of My 341

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JANICE2005

What is the name of your state?NJ, I sold used clothing items on ebay during this past year, I used the money that I made to buy clothing items from ebay and to pay the fees and shipping costs for the items I sold, I really didnt make any money to speak of- but I think that I need to have print outs with me when I go to my 341 meeting, I did tell my lawyer about this on our first meeting, but he acted as though this doesnt matter, because the items arent large money items---but Im still concerned because if the trustee asks me if I sold anything in past yr. --I want to tell them the truth. Also I bought things in june with a credit card, I think thats going to be a bad thing from what Ive read on here, it was a small item purchase, but I think it was dumb on my part. I appreciate anyone who can give me any help or advice, thank-you, janice -------- Its 12:43 am night before my meeting, cant sleep! thank-you again, jan

bnscarfan29

I live in NY and am not sure how different the laws are, but when I went through BK last year the 341 meeting lasted a few minutes, if that. The trustee asked a few standard questions, such as if I had transferred balances from one account to another (over 600$), is anyone suing me, at any one time in the past 6 months did I have more than 3K...etc. I wouldn't think he would care about a few small sales or purchases that you made. If you can print the receipts for these items then do it, doesn't hurt to be over repaired. But if you can't, I wouldn't worry, especially since your lawyer wasn't.

As for the cc purchase, I accidentally made a purchase just 3 weeks prior to my filing date, and it was for 300$, and nothing became of it. Right now I would say that the best way for you to prepare is to get a good night's sleep

Ladynred

Look people, bankruptcy law is FEDERAL, it doesn't matter what state you're in !!

There is no need to worry about selling used clothing on Ebay, that is NOT the kind of transaction a Trustee is concerned with unless you make a regular living at it. They are looking for MAJOR transactions -- selling your home, selling your car, BIG TICKET items that bring a significant amount of money and would look like you're dumping assets you couldn't exempt.

DO NOT say anything except yes or no unless asked and do not elaborate any more than you have to. In the words of Joe Friday "just the facts Ma'am" !! DO NOT volunteer any additional information.

Your 341 will be over in a few minutes and you'll wonder why you worried about it so much !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">