• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help: Life & Health Producer License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jennie01

Hi:
I live in the state of NJ. I am currently working for an insurance company's sales department. The company is sending me to school to obtain a life & health producer license. The problem is that I have a misdemeanor. I was found guilty for theft by deception (violation 2C:20-4a) on 8/1998. (I am unable to expunge it until 2003 & the company does not know about my record)
My question is the following: Will the state of NJ allow me to obtain this license? Will I be denied? The application for the producer license asks me to enclose a certified copy of the indictment or judgement of conviction. It also asks me to enclose a detailed explanation of the events leading to the indictment or conviction.
PLEASE ADVISE..

D

Donna32669

Insuance License

I would think that the State of NJ has a set of guidelines/rules or requirements to obtain a license, it's usually pretty cut & dried. If a misdemeanor makes you ineligible, then yes they can. I thought that a felony is the big question that is used. So, if you have not lied to the State or your employer, and they've allowed you to go this far why worry? I don't understand why a copy of the conviction is an issue or why a copy is needed...I'd think they would tell you up front. Sorry I can't be more help, have you tried to go to the Dept of Ins. website to research it? Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">