• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please...help me find a motion ,CA....court is at 8am!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I can do whatever I want to do, this is the free world. my ignorance will get me what I have coming, then. maybe I will be a felon that asked the wrong flipping question, then. my goodness. does no one notice all of the ludicrous laws in place to keep the little criminals in their place? just lame. wonder how the world would be without the stupid people. liberty is a joke, there is a price to pay for freedom...it is the balancing factor-sometimes you gotta let it go...without demanding the law!

it is like a flipping magicians code...shhhh ...no one that hasn't paid their BAR dues can know what you know....bullshit. perverse
Your friend can represent himself. You are not qualified to help him with his defense. In fact, your "help" can harm him.

The best way for you to help your friend is to tell him he needs an attorney, whether he has to pay for one (and you could help with this cost) or whether he gets help from a public defender.

What is the criminal charge?

whowetalkinbout

The judge probably will see that your friend knows nothing about the law or how to defend himself against a criminal charge and assign a public defender to assist him with his defense.

What is the charge against your friend?
Thank you for your respectful response. I do appreciate it.

Last edited:

whowetalkinbout

Your friend can represent himself. You are not qualified to help him with his defense. In fact, your "help" can harm him.

The best way for you to help your friend is to tell him he needs an attorney, whether he has to pay for one (and you could help with this cost) or whether he gets help from a public defender.

What is the criminal charge?
Cant say there isn't any truth to that...I am going to edit my response...its too much info for something that isn't my business, when it comes down to it. And the fact that it is pro per singles the case out. Hope you had time to read my answer, Quincy. Thank you

quincy

Cant say there isn't any truth to that...I am going to edit my response...its too much info for something that isn't my business, when it comes down to it. And the fact that it is pro per singles the case out. Hope you had time to read my answer, Quincy. Thank you
Here is a link to the law your friend is charged with violating:
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=69&lawCode=PEN
The three counts is definitely troublesome but charges of this sort can come with some pretty good defenses if handled properly.

I appreciate the thanks. Good luck to your friend.

whowetalkinbout

If your friend is the one on trial, YOU can't request anything. He may be acting pro per (representing himself without an attorney) but you can't as a non-attorney provide legal assistance to him. (And I assume you're not an attorney given the silly "pro per se" reference.

He was told correctly. The "resource" provided to a criminal defendant is an attorney. The state isn't obliged otherwise. If your friend is indigent, a public defender will be provided.

What makes you think you will be summoned or will submit anything?

The morning of the trial is usually a bit late to be asking for continuance. What your friend SHOULD do is throw himself at the mercy of the court and admit he has no business going this pro per, and ask for leave to obtain counsel.
I do agree, as far as your last paragraph goes...for sure.

I should acknowledge that I am not advising him, truth be told, what I suggest doesn't even penetrate his eardrum! I have tried finding forms after researching approaches since he was arraigned...because I figure he will be overwhelmed with the tedious requests/motion etc.
In actuality, I have backed off because, as it has been pointed out, it isn't my life/business. It's only a concern...
But to accuse me of practicing law just seems silly.
No one that is not a lawyer or aspiring, any way, wants to be that guy...

whowetalkinbout

Do you have some type of ...challenge...that prevents you from understanding what was written?
Nope. I just get a bit disgusted when people get all stupid..why is it that some people just want to tell every body exactly what they are supposed to do and what not to do? We have a true mess in this land of the free...liberty is subject to the perception of the Good Guys...and that is a bit overbearing-oppressive.
But don't trip, I certainly won't be striking up any protests for making my point...
But basically, the procedures that are necessary to maneuver throughout the criminal courts are like the secret to sawing a person in half in front of an audience...but if one wants to see that trick... he will hire a magician...and if he is an attorney, he will afford himself that luxury. (And meanwhile...he never learns how to work himself? He just hires someone to do what needs to be done...no such thing as a labor of love? Yeah, those guys [the one that hires a guy for everything] are the ones that believe that slaves built the pyramids)

Ok, thanks guys, I'm done. No point in asking for a damn thing here. I just got to go find an attorney...at least I'm speaking to the gambling set of players...I cant wrap myself around why a retired person would hire a lawyer to file simple bankrupcy

whowetalkinbout

You are being that guy. And while it may seem silly to you it isn't.
I'm pretty much ignorant to being any other guy...been the "annoying" one my entire life. It is fairly disheartening, sure does make it easier to hear your words, though.
I basically have what I shouldn't have done/said down like its the thing to do. Thank you though...
I also think my spell corrector subbed in silly.
I'm a lost cause.

whowetalkinbout

Here is a link to the law your friend is charged with violating:
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=69&lawCode=PEN
The three counts is definitely troublesome but charges of this sort can come with some pretty good defenses if handled properly.

I appreciate the thanks. Good luck to your friend.
It is kind of squirly to post a clickable link, though...good looking out...for your pals that didn't catch it...I realize its a big big world...but this is a very small courthouse with a reputation that makes my post here a bit too public...I am considering that advice regarding my "help" harming my friends case... and may have to duck out out like a poorsport, and I am not one to take my toys and go home because I look like a dumbass-i hold my own mud and humility is not to be avoided after one opens their mouth...however...I should just delete the post altogether, is that even allowed?

Just Blue

It is kind of squirly to post a clickable link, though...good looking out...for your pals that didn't catch it...I realize its a big big world...but this is a very small courthouse with a reputation that makes my post here a bit too public...I am considering that advice regarding my "help" harming my friends case... and may have to duck out out like a poorsport, and I am not one to take my toys and go home because I look like a dumbass-i hold my own mud and humility is not to be avoided after one opens their mouth...however...I should just delete the post altogether, is that even allowed?
Please don't. The volunteers here, for the most part, find deleting their time and efforts to be rude.

quincy

California is a big state. You can edit from your first post the city name and location and you should be able to maintain reasonable anonymity.

None of us like it when a poster deletes a thread so that is an option I hope you don't consider.

Chapter 3 of the Terms and Conditions is an important chapter for every poster to read.

whowetalkinbout

Please don't. The volunteers here, for the most part, find deleting their time and efforts to be rude.
I do understand. I really don't intend to anything but make a point...it is not my attention to waste anyone time to be honest, despite my ranting. I get frustrated with my own ignorance. I hope that I am paranoid about my I discretionary post might come to haunt me/him.
The snobby attitudes are not of value to me, but anyone that shows the interest to have words for me, I am grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">