• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please...help me find a motion ,CA....court is at 8am!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

I do understand. I really don't intend to anything but make a point...it is not my attention to waste anyone time to be honest, despite my ranting. I get frustrated with my own ignorance. I hope that I am paranoid about my I discretionary post might come to haunt me/him.
The snobby attitudes are not of value to me, but anyone that shows the interest to have words for me, I am grateful.
I have followed this thread and have not seen any "snobby attitudes". Far from it...the volunteers are trying to caution you so you are not charged with a felony. For that you should thank them. ;)

Mass_Shyster

If you are advising your friend to request a continuance, that constitutes the practice of law. If you advise him to subpoena a dash cam video, that's practice of law.

If this case was being heard in the courthouse down the street from me, I wouldn't need a form for either of those two items. If it's the first hearing after the arraignment in the District Court, I'd say to the prosecutor "Can you get me a copy of the dash cam?". Then we'd fill out a pretrial conference report, and when the case was called I'd say "Your honor, I conference this case with the prosecutor and filed a pretrial conference report. We're requesting July 15th for compliance".

But if the case was heard in the court 10 miles west of here (still in the same county, but in another town with another sessions clerk) the process would be different.

One of my favorite self-represented stories comes from a few years ago. A guy I went to law school with was in court as a defendant. He never finished law school. When the clerk called the cases, many of the lawyers would stand and simply say "Second Call", but stated as a question. This was done by the lawyers who were there every day, and the judge knew that they had a good reason to ask for a second call. So this guy's name gets called and he stood up, walked over to the podium, said "Second Call", and turned around and sat down. That did not go well for him.

Last edited:

whowetalkinbout

California is a big state. You can edit from your first post the city name and location. None of us like it when a poster deletes a thread.

Chapter 3 of the Terms and Conditions is an important chapter for every poster to read.
Yep...stopped and acknowledged chapter 3...at 3.4 when I read it...
Regardless, the point was made...I appreciate the feedback, and the big state point...
It is just as well, I hadn't decided to delete, like I said-i am not here to waste your time or find myself bothered, either.
The humanity does balance the bullshit, thank you.

I am no walk in the park to listen too, either

(I cant figure out what I was attempting to type where I say "...big state point..." sorry...!

Last edited:

whowetalkinbout

I have followed this thread and have not seen any "snobby attitudes". Far from it...the volunteers are trying to caution you so you are not charged with a felony. For that you should thank them. ;)
Well, I guess it is a matter of perception...or maybe relativity...I don't know. But I find myself pretty snobby sometimes,
Eye of the beholder...?

whowetalkinbout

If you are advising your friend to request a continuance, that constitutes the practice of law. If you advise him to subpoena a dash cam video, that's practice of law.

If this case was being heard in the courthouse down the street from me, I wouldn't need a form for either of those two items. If it's the first hearing after the arraignment in the District Court, I'd say to the prosecutor "Can you get me a copy of the dash cam?". Then we'd fill out a pretrial conference report, and when the case was called I'd say "Your honor, I conference this case with the prosecutor and filed a pretrial conference report. We're requesting July 15th for compliance".

But if the case was heard in the court 10 miles west of here (still in the same county, but in another town with another sessions clerk) the process would be different.
thank you.

Thank you

Thank you.

Really, I mean it.

I cant even thank you and feel like I can show gratitude.

It is what I was asking for...even the first two sentences are of great value because I get what I am being told. It may confuse me all the more in one way...but I can wrap my head around why I should pipe down about what does not involve me.

Does it make me an impossible person, though, (I fear this fate, BTW) if the clarification brings up another grey area in my mind??

I think it does. Thank you for your time and insight...I am content with your advice.

whowetalkinbout

California is a big state. You can edit from your first post the city name and location and you should be able to maintain reasonable anonymity.

None of us like it when a poster deletes a thread so that is an option I hope you don't consider.

Chapter 3 of the Terms and Conditions is an important chapter for every poster to read.
Also, valuable advice...thank you. I don't get into being a big baby when I (language removed), I don't like wiping it off the books, because I need to be checked when I open up my own can of worms...I just may stop doing it one of these days.

How does the cliche go? "...it's better to remain silent, while though of as a fool..."?

whowetalkinbout

Oh, and I helped that day at court, BTW...I simply bought him 3 sheets of general pleading paper and sat on the other side of the room, completely. If anyone is interested...I practiced my own business if turning off my phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">