• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me. Need to recover money from horrible cosmetic surgeon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

i need help. i had cosmetic surgery done last year and now the doctor that i went to the procedure for was raided by the police as having non-licensed employees performing procedures. alot of people are coming forward trying to sue him but i keep reading in articles that all of his money is in off shores accounts and you wont get anything. what i went through during that surgery was horrific. it felt like a sewing machine was sewing on to my back and i was awake mostly but gassed up during the whole thing; i did black in and out alot. i could feel every single thing but my body was paralyzed from the gas and i couldnt move or tell them how much it hurt me. im not looking to get pain or sympathy money or any of that i just want my money back i spent on the procedure; close to $7000.00. i saw no results afterwards and now every month am paying basically a 2nd car payment. please help me. i have no idea what to do. i feel so lost. thank you for listening to me.


Senior Member
Unless you can prove actual negligence in your procedure, you can't get anything. And even if you can, it seems like the doc himself is fairly untouchable if he has no attachable assets.


Senior Member

If you think that he has no funds, that doesn't preclude a case against a person and a judgment against the person.

That being said, you might find it better to file the complaint with the medical board and have them pursue actions so that others won't be harmed.

In Ca., at least for dentists, malpractice insurance is a necessity to practice, or having a bond posted for a certain amount to cover problems. If the same is true for doctors in your state, the failure to have insurance or the bond posted could be grounds for sanctions on his license in a very quick time frame.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential