• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me with CPS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nathan2callie

Im GA Im the mother, Aug 25 2 CPS caseworkers came to my home with allegations that we had no power, no food, and roaches. Our power had in fact been shut off but we had plenty of food and regularly scehdules pest control. My mother was there with my 3 kids. My mother allowed CPS to walk through my home and left. CPS stated that they weren't there to get the kids and were content when they left. I was in NC where we were moving and I tried several times to contact the caseworker , as did my mother. We never got any return phone calls. I went as planned and went to GA to get my children. When wmy children and I returned to NC a CPS worker came to my home and spent 3 hours with my children and I. Before leaving they presented me with a safety plan, they stated they had no safety concerns, just needed to get my children enrolled back in school. I informed them that we would be returning to GA where the kids would go to school for one more week and we would return to NC, at which point I would enroll them in the local school there. CPS was satisfied with this plan and told me to contact them on the 22nd when my children and I returned to NC. On Sept 16th I took my son to school and a new CPS caseworker was there waiting on me. The caseworker and I went into a conference room where the worker stated she had to take my children. I told the worker I wanted a court order. For two hours she and I argued. When I told her I was going out to the car to get my two other children (who were out there with my boyfriend) and my phone to call a lawyer she said "no she had to call hers first: and didn't seem to concerned with the fact that they were out there. I walked out anyways, she had a school resource officer in the parking lot watching me. I had a warrant and was arrested for VOP. My boyfriend was there with my children, I told him not to leave my kids with CPS without first seeing a court order. CPS asked if they could take my daughter to school I said NO my boyfriend or the offiicer could. When I was transported to the jail, CPS informed the boyfriend that he had to leave school property and denied allowing him to take the children. There was no court order and in fact had my children for almost 24 hours with nothing being filed with the court. They came to the jail with a safety plan with only one child on it. I refused to sign this. I was released that same day within 2 hours. Went to court the next day and requested an attorney. She asked that I bring the childrens birth certificates, I have not and will not provide this for them. I don't see there is any reason that they would need these. After doing some research I learned that Jackson County (the court and the judge I have to go before) is under investigation for tricking a woman into termination of her parental rights. CPS stated on the court order that I willingly gave my children to her. This is not true. She also stated that my behavior was bizarre when I got upset about her attempting to take my kids. My child was never taken to school, was only told that she didn't have to go because she was playing with her 3 year old brother. Later in conversation, my daughter stated that CPS told her she would never see her brothers again and that she would be living with her grandparents forever because I was an "unfit" mother. My daughter was placed with my ex in laws (whose son is about to parole out to their home. He is currently serving time with GA DOC for beating me with vacuum in front of her and her brother) I an attorney I have spoken to on one occasion and have court Monday morning. I want my children and I want to return to NC.... What do I do? Did CPS violate the constitutional rights of my children and I? Also I have requested visitation and have only received one phone conversation with my two boys. PLEASE HELP

LdiJ

Im GA Im the mother, Aug 25 2 CPS caseworkers came to my home with allegations that we had no power, no food, and roaches. Our power had in fact been shut off but we had plenty of food and regularly scehdules pest control. My mother was there with my 3 kids. My mother allowed CPS to walk through my home and left. CPS stated that they weren't there to get the kids and were content when they left. I was in NC where we were moving and I tried several times to contact the caseworker , as did my mother. We never got any return phone calls. I went as planned and went to GA to get my children. When wmy children and I returned to NC a CPS worker came to my home and spent 3 hours with my children and I. Before leaving they presented me with a safety plan, they stated they had no safety concerns, just needed to get my children enrolled back in school. I informed them that we would be returning to GA where the kids would go to school for one more week and we would return to NC, at which point I would enroll them in the local school there. CPS was satisfied with this plan and told me to contact them on the 22nd when my children and I returned to NC. On Sept 16th I took my son to school and a new CPS caseworker was there waiting on me. The caseworker and I went into a conference room where the worker stated she had to take my children. I told the worker I wanted a court order. For two hours she and I argued. When I told her I was going out to the car to get my two other children (who were out there with my boyfriend) and my phone to call a lawyer she said "no she had to call hers first: and didn't seem to concerned with the fact that they were out there. I walked out anyways, she had a school resource officer in the parking lot watching me. I had a warrant and was arrested for VOP. My boyfriend was there with my children, I told him not to leave my kids with CPS without first seeing a court order. CPS asked if they could take my daughter to school I said NO my boyfriend or the offiicer could. When I was transported to the jail, CPS informed the boyfriend that he had to leave school property and denied allowing him to take the children. There was no court order and in fact had my children for almost 24 hours with nothing being filed with the court. They came to the jail with a safety plan with only one child on it. I refused to sign this. I was released that same day within 2 hours. Went to court the next day and requested an attorney. She asked that I bring the childrens birth certificates, I have not and will not provide this for them. I don't see there is any reason that they would need these. After doing some research I learned that Jackson County (the court and the judge I have to go before) is under investigation for tricking a woman into termination of her parental rights. CPS stated on the court order that I willingly gave my children to her. This is not true. She also stated that my behavior was bizarre when I got upset about her attempting to take my kids. My child was never taken to school, was only told that she didn't have to go because she was playing with her 3 year old brother. Later in conversation, my daughter stated that CPS told her she would never see her brothers again and that she would be living with her grandparents forever because I was an "unfit" mother. My daughter was placed with my ex in laws (whose son is about to parole out to their home. He is currently serving time with GA DOC for beating me with vacuum in front of her and her brother) I an attorney I have spoken to on one occasion and have court Monday morning. I want my children and I want to return to NC.... What do I do? Did CPS violate the constitutional rights of my children and I? Also I have requested visitation and have only received one phone conversation with my two boys. PLEASE HELP
You don't need help from an internet forum. You absolutely and positively need an attorney.

Just Blue

You need and an attorney, as LD stated. Beg,, borrow...do not steal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">