• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Need To Know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lwilkins101

What is the name of your state? California, I am a women and live on a Marine Base and I need to know if I am stopped by an MP and I am alone, and I feel that my life is being threatened and I request that he call his Sergeant to the scene, can he arrest me for failing to comply/disorderly conduct.

R

revere787

harassment by an mp.

If he arrested you for disorderly conduct, then its his word versus yours. You stated you felt threatened for your life, well i am not calling you a liar, but if it was that bad, then make a formal complaint of harassment or something to his superior officers, b/c i am assuming if your life was threatened whatever he did, was obviously inappropriate and maybe he should of had the disorderly conduct arrest. Another thing you need to remember, which also goes for civilian, not just military police, most cops are on a power trip their whole life, dont forgot that, so maybe he is just an *******. MAybe he was one of those kids in school who got picked last for kickball, you know what i a mean. GO MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT, IF IT WAS THAT BAD. I AM ASSUMING IT WAS BUT YOU DIDNT GO INTO DETAIL.

Crazed98

lwilkins101 said:
What is the name of your state? California, I am a women and live on a Marine Base and I need to know if I am stopped by an MP and I am alone, and I feel that my life is being threatened and I request that he call his Sergeant to the scene, can he arrest me for failing to comply/disorderly conduct.

How on earth could you feel that your life is being threatened by an MP? I know a lot of them are jerks but I doubt your life was in any danger.

fozzy2

He probably can not arrest you for "requesting" that a supervisor come to the scene - but then again it depends what you mean by "request". If you were screaming, trying to talk over his instructions, etc. then that might do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">