• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Terminate Exclusive Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SHADEZZ

Please Help Terminate Exclusive Agreement. I signed with the devil.

What is the name of your state?MD
Hi, please forgive the long message, very frustrated. Everything from failure to advertise porperty correctly, failure to advertise open house correctly, failure to provide offers as requested, failure to provide written agreement, failure to provide particulars of offers, failure to respond in a timely manner and having a buyers agent call my home begging I accept their offer. Spoke with agent and broker expressing how disatisfied and frustrated I have been with their incompetence. Nothing has changed.

Faxed a request to terminate listing agreement including requesting to be released from all obligations and giving the broker 3 days to respond by signing the agreement. The next day I received a phone message from the broker threatening legal actions along with holding me responsible for all legal fees. Broker also stated he felt I am trying to sell behind his back. He also stated he will contact all of the agents who has contacted him in reference to my property and if they offer to purchase he will seek action against them. After his rant he said call me and we can discuss this in a professional manner and he has 0 room for flexibility. I also received a fax later that day stating his legal actions and he will NOT TERMINATE my listing. I have not spoken to any agents or buyers in reference to allowing anyone to purchase my home.

My exclusive listing is for 120 days with a 30 day clause stating if I, they or any realtor produce a purchaser ready and willing to buy within 30 days of cancellation or termination of this contract owner shall enter into written agreement to sell, exchange or transfer said property to any person who, or entity with knowledge of owner or any agent owner in spected or made inquiry about the property or negotiated during the term of this contract or any extension of; expect owner shall have no obligation to pay said commission to broker if sold by a licensed broker following expiration or any extension or termination of contract unless such termination by owner was made for the purpose to avoid the obligation to pay said commission. I terminated 2 days ago and have not received any offers nor agreed on any offers.

Please help. Can my broker NOT TERMINATE my contract and seek legal action. As far as I am concerned the contract was cancelled when he received it.

Last edited:

SHADEZZ said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MD
Hi, day one wrong listing. Extra bedroom was added and no open house listed for sat and sunday. Finally corrected the bedroom but open house was never added. Spoke with agent and broker expressing how disatisfied I have been. Failed to produce other offers but forcing me to accept an offer. I managed to get 2 offers he had in his folder. He could not and did not give me the particulars of the other two offers. Asked about seeing the other offers and was told he will have to see if the other office isnt busy to fax him the other offers the next day. To this day have not received other two offers he has told me about. Called numerous times for a copy of my contract. After several calls finally a faxed copy. My agent had a buyers agent phone my home basically begging me to take their offer when there where offers that were not furnished to me to view. Agents calling me at home saying they cannot get in contact with my agent to put in offers and get disclosures. My agent did not return their calls. Typed a request to terminate listing agreement and asking to be released from all obligations and giving him 3 days to respond by signing the agreement. I received a phone message from the broker threatening legal actions and I will be responsible for all of his legal fees. He stated he feel I am trying to sell behind his back. He also stated he will contact all of the agents who has contacted him in reference to my property and if they offer to buy they will seek action against them. I have not spoken to any agent in reference to allowing anyone to purchase my home. The two offers he did provide me not the offers I have yet to receive. The ones I did have I rejected and faxed to my agents office. After his rant he said call me and we can discuss this in a professional manner and he has 0 room for flexibility. I also received a fax stating his legal actions again and he will NOT TERMINATE my listing. My exclusive listing is for 120 days with a 30 day clause stating if I, they or any realtor produce a purchaser ready and willing to buy within 30 days of cancellation or termination of this contract owner shall enter into written agreement to sell. I terminated 2 days ago and have not received any offers nor agreed on any offers. Please help. Can he NOT terminate my contract and seek legal action?
Your rambling post is too difficult to decipher. You need to provide a brief, coherent summary of the facts and ask your questions succinctly.

SHADEZZ

Sorry about the post I am very frustrated and was trying to give the facts of what I have endured during this horrible experience with selling my home for the first time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

SHADEZZ said:
Sorry about the post I am very frustrated and was trying to give the facts of what I have endured during this horrible experience with selling my home for the first time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

**A: start over with your post. In 2 short sentences, what happened and what is your question.

SHADEZZ

Agent and broker failed their obligation. As a result I terminated exclusive listing agreement. I received a phone call with legal threats. I received a reply stating will NOT TERMINATE listing along with legal threat.

Can the broker not terminate contract and can broker threaten legal actions when I have done nothing wrong? Does my termination letter stand?

HomeGuru

SHADEZZ said:
Agent and broker failed their obligation. As a result I terminated exclusive listing agreement. I received a phone call with legal threats. I received a reply stating will NOT TERMINATE listing along with legal threat.

Can the broker not terminate contract and can broker threaten legal actions when I have done nothing wrong?

**A: yes.
Does my termination letter stand?
**A: we don't know. Hire an attorney t o review the contract and the circumstances

HomeGuru

SHADEZZ said:
Thank you HomeGuru for your honest answer of not knowing. :)

**A: you are welcome. The only way to provide an answer would be after reviewing the contract and having a meeting with you to discuss the events that transpired. Things that can't be done via this website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">