• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help to find precedent (Last Will in Commonwealth)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

petschmi

Dear all,

I really need help with finding a precedent (from a Commonwealth member country) to fullfil the last wishes of my father, who passed away recently. It involves the Last Will created by my father. I would really appriciate every help.

What I am looking for:
A precedent in which it was decided that it is not necessary nor compulsory for the witnesses to the will to testify if they have prepared an affidavit to state that they attested the testator's last will.

Please help me to fullfil the last wishes of my father.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Peter

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
This forum is for US law only. The US is not a Commonwealth member country; we celebrate our independence from the Commonwealth every year on the 4th of July.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
This forum is for US law only. The US is not a Commonwealth member country; we celebrate our independence from the Commonwealth every year on the 4th of July.
Well, technically, that's not quite right. The British commonwealth (known today as the Commonwealth of Nations) only arose after the U.S. gained independence from England. The formal founding of the Commonwealth started in 1931 with the Balfour Declaration. But Queen Elizabeth has stated that the roots of it go back to when Canada become the "first independent country within the British Empire." (Italics added.) That occurred in 1867. The U.S., while independent earlier, was not within the Empire, but completely separate from it. So what we celebrate is independence from England and its empire.

I love history. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">