• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE help!! URGENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

modo

What is the name of your state? Missouri
In 2001 a friend was charged with Class B felony possession of controlled substance & distributing cont sub. She is almost finished with the probation for these charges. She went to court in february over probation violation for a drug parafenalia charge and it was continued until march 10. She thought the court date was this friday, but she just found out that it was LAST friday. A warrant was issued for her. My question is....what can she do? She knows there is a warrant, but isn't sure what the best thing to do is in this situation. She doesn't have the money to take care of this until her taxes come. She can't just call the judge and say sorrry i missed the court date because of a misunderstanding. What can she do?

I would appreciate it if all sarcasm be held back because this is a serious issue.

acmb05

modo said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri
In 2001 a friend was charged with Class B felony possession of controlled substance & distributing cont sub. She is almost finished with the probation for these charges. She went to court in february over probation violation for a drug parafenalia charge and it was continued until march 10. She thought the court date was this friday, but she just found out that it was LAST friday. A warrant was issued for her. My question is....what can she do? She knows there is a warrant, but isn't sure what the best thing to do is in this situation. She doesn't have the money to take care of this until her taxes come. She can't just call the judge and say sorrry i missed the court date because of a misunderstanding. What can she do?

I would appreciate it if all sarcasm be held back because this is a serious issue.
Contact her attorney first thing in the morning and her probation officer. IF he believes her story he may be able to recommend she remain free until her next court date. Of course she is still going to be arrested and probably have to spend the nite in jail until she can get in front of the judge the next day.

One more thing. Do not be surprised if the police show up at her door to get her tonite either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">