• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help! What Can I Do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alicebilly

Hi, I am in California & sorry if this is in the wrong section, not quite sure where to put it.

Basically, I paid a guy $200 deposit to do some lighting for me (on 10/23/08). He promises to show up @ 11:30 am on 11/02/08 to set everything up. He never shows, cashed our check, & has been avoiding me ever since the wedding day (hanging up w/o responding, ignoring my calls, etc.)

I have the invoice he sent me via email, & I reported him to BBB immediately.

I have his phone number, email address, & website address. I just came back from my honeymoon & have yet to visit the location of his office to see if that's legit. But assuming I will never get into personal contact with him again myself, what can I do about this?

BBB has told me if this guy never responds to them, they can't really do anything about it.
What are my options or next step here? Honestly, this is personal because he ruined my wife's wedding day so I want to do as much damage as possible to his business & him financially. Thanks for any advice & help you can offer to get this guy who ripped us off & ruined our wedding day.

-by?k

Roo

BBB isn't worth much. You can sue the guy in small claims court. As far as revenge goes, you'll probably only get back what you paid him, if you're lucky.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">