• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confusedfiance

What is the name of your state? Arizona

my fiance and i have been having problems with his ex about going to pick up his daughter on the 23rd of this month. it states in the divorce that they exchange the child every 6 months until the child is of school age and then my fiance retains her for the school year and her mother in the summer. well, we sent her a certified letter stating the date and time we intended to pick the child up and what address we planned on meeting her at. we just found out that the certified letter was returned to us because she refused to accept it. we leave next thursday to Texas where they live, and with such short time we don't know what our options are. please help us!!!!!! thank you in advance!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

W

WCC

good grief! definitely take your order with you, the certified letter you sent her with the thing from the postmaster that shows she would not sign. you may have to get the local police involved. have you made telephone contact with ex? is she trying to play games? you may be able to notify someone in advance at the PD that will help you in case she tries to be sneaky.

C

confusedfiance

thank you for your reply.....for the first 3 months his ex was very good about returning our calls and having Jasmine (their daughter) call back when we left messages. after the 3 months that all stoped.when we finally did get in contact with her, she complained that she was working 12 to 15 hour shifts (she's military-Army) and that she didnt have time to get back to us and that Jasmine didn't ask to talk to us so she didnt make her. for one thing...Jasmine is 3, and it states in the divorce agreement that they are supposed to keep contact with the other parent by telephone, telegraph, or any other electronic means. we are so confused now.....the last time we heard from Jasmine was over a month ago now, and everytime we talk to her mother lately she's either sleeping or not there. and her mother has told us that she's not letting us have her back and that the military is going to stop us when we get there. we also dont have much proof as to say when we dropped her off to her mother in Texas on Feb. 22nd
is there some kind of paper work that can be done while we're there (Texas) stating dates and times to be "exchange" dates??

W

WCC

was the original order in filed in az or tx? based on past experience, the PD can be very helpful even if the order was done in another state. take CERTIFIED copies with you. i do alot of recording and sometimes we record docs that originated in another state or county just so they can be Of Public Record in my county. wonder if you could do that just in case this gets more involved than it should. if your man has a custody order granting him 6/her 6.....the military should have no business stepping in, unless they want to offer mediation (ha ha). from now on, when you drop little one off, make mom sign a dated "receipt" and acknowledgement of date when tot is to come back to dad.

M

Mansey

Because she is in the military have you ever thought about contacting her commanding officer to inform them that she is not compling with the court order. My first husband was in the military (navy) and I know from experience that one call to the commanding officer and you can get some results. If she lives on the base it may be hard to get through without proper clearence even if you do have the police. But if you go through the military police you might have a better chance, it is certainly worth a try.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">