• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? tx

please help me!! my boyfriend is currently trying to get a divorce but he is in jail!! he has already mailed in the signed petition with the filing fee and now he just needs to send in the final decree. he has the final decree now but the problem is that he doesn't know how to go about finalizing it. i called the office and they said they cannot give any information and that he will have to figure it out himself. One person told me he could just mail in the copies of the final decree since he's in jail but this other person told me that there is more to it. she said he can't just mail it in and it be final. he has to have a phone conference with the judge. my question is how would he go about getting a phone conference with the judge and what he needs to know. if anyone could help i would greatly apprieciate it. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential