• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unjustified

ca, my house was raided on a "search warrant"that i never saw and still havent. ive called everywhere and no one can help me is it legal to search and seize if no one involved is on parole or probation. and is it legal to search wiyhout showing a warrant.

CdwJava

unjustified said:
ca, my house was raided on a "search warrant"that i never saw and still havent. ive called everywhere and no one can help me is it legal to search and seize if no one involved is on parole or probation. and is it legal to search wiyhout showing a warrant.
A copy of the warrant should have been left at the residence. If not, there should be a record with the court.

Contact local counsel.

- Carl

unjustified

unjustified said:

yeah but isnt there a procedure especially if they bust down your door and put guns to your head? no one in this residence is on probation or parole, so i really dont understand why they negelected to show me a warrant?

CdwJava

unjustified said:
yeah but isnt there a procedure especially if they bust down your door and put guns to your head? no one in this residence is on probation or parole, so i really dont understand why they negelected to show me a warrant?
They were probably too busy kicking in your door and putting guns to your head. ;)

The "procedure" is to leave a copy of the warrant at the residence or with a responsible party at the residence. If no copy was left, check with the agency that conducted the raid and your attorney.

Failure to provide you with a copy of the warrant is not likely to result in any dismissal of the charges against you ... if any.

- Carl

unjustified

CdwJava said:
They were probably too busy kicking in your door and putting guns to your head. ;)

The "procedure" is to leave a copy of the warrant at the residence or with a responsible party at the residence. If no copy was left, check with the agency that conducted the raid and your attorney.

Failure to provide you with a copy of the warrant is not likely to result in any dismissal of the charges against you ... if any.

- Carl
well that certainly sucks!

CdwJava

unjustified said:
well that certainly sucks!
Sorry ... but failure to follow a procedure is generally a seperate matter from the offenses being charged.

You should probably work on a defense to the charges as opposed to searching for a magic pill.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">