• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? PA

I had a DUI (1st offense) in the state of Pennsylvania that occurred in April of this year. I've had the majority of my court hearings take place, been offered and accepted ARD, and now await the ARD hearing before the judge in November so that everything can go into play. My questions relate to employment, given the fact that my job is requesting a criminal background check. This is my second year in the company. What will accompany the background check when it is received by my HR office? Will it say ARD-eligible or just give details of the arrest record? (My attorney has said that I will never have a criminal record due to the ARD.) Also, I have yet to mention the situation to any of the higher-ups at work. Would it be wise to be proactive, admit the mistake to them and the fact that I'm making amends and moving forward, or should I let things play out? Any comments on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential