• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MS
I need some advice on how to proceed with an accident claim. My car was involved in a hit and run accident on October 1, 2008. The ambulance driver was leaving a restaurant and backed into my car. He left the scene of the accident without leaving any contact information. Luckily I was coming out of the building and there were other witnesses to ID the ambulance. I have yet to receive compensation for this accident and I am still riding around in a banged up car. Their local representative came out to take pictures of my car but I have not been able to reach her since the pictures were taken. I recently faxed a letter to their district representative with the accident cost and cost of forseeable damage. I gave him seven days to respond. I am concerned that all of the contact has been by phone because they will not give me an address. I am also concerned about their slow response to all my inquiries. What should I do? I am considering Small Claims Court because I don't want to use my insurance company to persue them. I'm afraid my policy will increase.:mad:


Senior Member
Your insurance will not go up when you are not at fault for the accident. Using your collision coverage, however, will allow you to get your car fixed NOW and let your insurance company worry about getting a response from the other insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential