• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ubi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california.I am not even sure what it is if it is anything at all:confused: Hi my wife and I are trying to find out if what her ex employer did was correct or not and if not what could she do abut it? This doctor office employed my wife as a medeical biller but her primery duty was claim follow up as her manager did the actual billing for about 1 year duration. She received 1.00 raise after her first 3 mos. Then on about 6 to 7 mo. later her manager offered her to do both offices instead of 1 and offered a 1.00 dollar raise with it,she took the job as they just fired the person who was doing that office for 11.00hr. She did it in 4 mo. and cought up to date on both offices. Approximately 2 to 3 weeks before being fired she was getting all kinds of insulting comments from her managers and the doctor. From," you are not doing your job, why didn’t you do this right, your not bringing in enough money and I don’t care what you do to collect more, the doctor slapping the managers behind in front of my wife" etc. Then she was told she had to take a down size on her pay from 16.00hr to 13.00 hr in order to stay at work She accept it an then she was fired 5days later. (Also the manager wanted my wife to take blame for all her mistakes and when she said no is when everything started) I assume the dr. would take the managers side since she was his lover. Please help. Any advice would be truly appreciated, Thank you ahead of time

Last edited:

Hot Topic

Nothing illegal was done to your wife.

Advise your wife to keep her speculations about the manager and the doctor to herself. Being a gossip can get a person into all kinds of problems.

pattytx

I didn't see where the OP's wife was gossping about anybody; did I miss that? It sounded like her manager/boss was being a jerk, not her.

In any case, I do agree that this termination was not "wrongful" under the law. Your wife should immediately file for UI benefits if she has not already done so.

ubi

thanks pattytx we are in the process of that and having some difficulty with that her ex- employer is saying she was fired for lack of ability to do her job when they never had any problem with it untill my wife stud up for her self. and diceded not to take take the blame for her superviser's mistakes.:rolleyes:

pattytx

"Lack of ability to do the job", even if true, is not normally a disqualifying reason for UI benefits.

Hot Topic

There's nothing to indicate that the OP also worked at the doctor's office; therefore, the catty comment about the relationship between the doctor and the manager had to come from his wife, who did work there.

It's not illegal to be a jerk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">