• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjamm1972

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Il
My ex passed away 3 months ago. Together,we have a 14 year old son. My ex had a workers comp suit and was about to settle and unfortunatly passed away. Of course he had an attorney who was representing his comp suit, and I just recently found out that workers comp is going to go ahead and settle "with him". My ex remarried a little over a year ago. So basically, ex has a surviving spouse and 1 surviving minor child. Where will this money go? Are there beneficiaries on things like this? Will it go into an estate? If so, who sets up the estate? There was no will. Is spouse entitled to all of it, or will my son see any of this money? Thank you for any answers.

Dandy Don

If you know any basic details about the lawsuit, such as what court it is being heard in, you need to check online court records to find out how the lawsuit is titled (exactly whose name, if any, is listed--your ex-wife's name and is there anyone else's name mentioned besides hers?).

If you can't find this information at the courthouse, you need to be asking the attorney who is representing her for the details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">