• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I know a 17 year old child, who is being abused at home. This has been referred to appropriate service several times, once by school, once by me, once by grandmother, and a couple of times by unknowns. The abuse is physical, mental and emotional.Examples available upon further inquiry. Child services has returned child to parents each time or done nothing, finding allegations unsupported. Child has had it and sees no way out, is possibly suicidal or wants to leave home. Where do I stand legally, if I provide this child a home to live in, support, love, etc, while requiring school, etc., until he turns 18 years old, about one year away. Can I be charged with harbouring or something if the parents pursue him as a runaway, and I am found to have housed him? This is most important that I get some speedy advice, because I can't allow anything to happen to this child and intend to intervene in some manner very very soon. I just not sure the best way for the sake of the child. HELP PLEASE !
This is a Florida matter.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential