• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Meganstanley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My friend and his wife got into a fight and she called the cops and and got him arrested and got a PFa on him, he resently got out of jail and wanted his family back and she did too so she contacted him through Facebook to come over and see the kids and to talk. But then one of his friends were mad about It and called his p.o and then called his wife and made her call the cops on him for being there so the cops came and arrested him and how she needs to know how to make it better and get him out and get the Pfa dropped.. What can she do???!! Please help

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My friend and his wife got into a fight and she called the cops and and got him arrested and got a PFa on him, he resently got out of jail and wanted his family back and she did too so she contacted him through Facebook to come over and see the kids and to talk. But then one of his friends were mad about It and called his p.o and then called his wife and made her call the cops on him for being there so the cops came and arrested him and how she needs to know how to make it better and get him out and get the Pfa dropped.. What can she do???!! Please help
What can she do? She can be angry at the friend who reported the protection order violation. Or she can be angry at herself for encouraging her husband to violate the protection order.

Who are you in this scenario?

Meganstanley

What can she do? She can be angry at the friend who reported the protection order violation. Or she can be angry at herself for encouraging her husband to violate the protection order.

Who are you in this scenario?

I am a close friend to the both of them and Im trying to help her out the best I can, she is a total mess right now and I need some kind of information on how she can go about the situation. Ive been trying to keep her calm so she dosnt have a seizure with nobody around.

quincy

I am a close friend to the both of them and Im trying to help her out the best I can, she is a total mess right now and I need some kind of information on how she can go about the situation. Ive been trying to keep her calm so she dosnt have a seizure with nobody around.
You are a good friend to want to help but there is little you can do from a legal standpoint.

Unfortunately, your friends blew it.

A protection order is not a suggestion from the court but rather an order. Your friends knew (or should have known) what would happen if the terms of the order were violated and yet they willingly, knowingly violated the order.

Your friend could perhaps discuss with an attorney the chances of getting the order lifted early, but I wouldn't hold out any hope of this happening.

justalayman

But then one of his friends were mad about It and called his p.o and then called his wife and made her call the cops on him for being there so the cops came and arrested him and how she needs to know how to make it better and get him out and get the Pfa dropped.. What can she do???!! Please help
no, nobody made her call the cops and report the NCO violation. If the PO knew of it, the PO would act independently of anything else and seek to have a warrant issued for the violation. The cops often cannot do anything unless they actually observe the violation.

she was likely given information on how to get the order dropped but chances are, it will not be dropped for some time. You have to remember, it is there to protect the at risk party and until the courts are satisfied the risk is minimal, they are likely to leave the order in place.

so, what can you do? Help your friend through this tough time. She needs a friend and counselor as much as anything else right now.

here is a little info on PFA's.

http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/pfa/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">