• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Noel2766

I live in Letcher County Ky, my husband was arrested on his very first obsconding charge. He isn’t a violent felon, he hasn’t failed any urine screens, he hasn’t had any strikes! But the obsconding charge violated his Parole. He was working a full time job to support his family, and allow me to be a full time student. If he doesn’t get out I will have to drop out of school, and apply for help which I can not get any government help while I attend school! His parole officer won’t help him non, although he had pulled his 3 years an done another 4 years of classes to deduct time from his 10 year sentence for tampering with evidence! Can anyone please help out with advice or anything I’m scared to death! I don’t want to drop out of school but I will have to get on the ball and find a job as soon as possible!

quincy

I live in Letcher County Ky, my husband was arrested on his very first obsconding charge. He isn’t a violent felon, he hasn’t failed any urine screens, he hasn’t had any strikes! But the obsconding charge violated his Parole. He was working a full time job to support his family, and allow me to be a full time student. If he doesn’t get out I will have to drop out of school, and apply for help which I can not get any government help while I attend school! His parole officer won’t help him non, although he had pulled his 3 years an done another 4 years of classes to deduct time from his 10 year sentence for tampering with evidence! Can anyone please help out with advice or anything I’m scared to death! I don’t want to drop out of school but I will have to get on the ball and find a job as soon as possible!
He can have his parole revoked and he can be sent back to prison to serve out his sentence there. He should be seeking the assistance of his attorney.

There is little you can do to change what is to come for your husband. I suggest you prepare for your husband's return to prison by making appropriate plans for your future.

Good luck.

Just Blue

You should inquire at your school about cutting your classes to part time so you can seek full time employment.

quincy

Oh I know! But as OP seems to think state aid was her only option I didn't think working/schooling full time would be to her taste. ;)
A full time job on top of full time school is definitely more work than many wish to handle.

It is too bad Noel's husband felt the need to violate his parole. He sort of messed things up for her.

Just Blue

A full time job on top of full time school is definitely more work than many wish to handle.

It is too bad Noel's husband felt the need to violate his parole. He sort of messed things up for her.
But it was his very first time "obsconding" (sic) ! The PO should have been more understanding. :rolleyes:

quincy

I don't know why Noel would expect her husband's parole officer to be sympathetic. The husband knew exactly what was expected of him.

I know if I were Noel, any anger I had would be directed at my husband.

justalayman

Oh I know! But as OP seems to think state aid was her only option I didn't think working/schooling full time would be to her taste. ;)
It appears the ops concern isn’t with attending school and working full time but that she will be ineligible for welfare if she is attending school.

. If he doesn’t get out I will have to drop out of school, and apply for help which I can not get any government help while I attend school!
Why somebody decided to reinterpret that very clear statement to state she’s couldn't work while attending school full time is beyond me.

Maybe she realizes that whatever job she is capable of getting right now won’t provide enough income to sustain her household and she accepts she will need welfare to fill in the gaps and she is aware that limiting her available time due to attending school disqualifies her for welfare.

Noel2766

He can have his parole revoked and he can be sent back to prison to serve out his sentence there. He should be seeking the assistance of his attorney.

There is little you can do to change what is to come for your husband. I suggest you prepare for your husband's return to prison by making appropriate plans for your future.

Good luck.
That’s the thing the sentence he received was 10 years. Before he absconded, he took a total of 4 years off with classes and good behavior after his release of which he spent 3 years of incarcerated Also he absconded for less than a year! But the parole officer won’t tell either of us what the date he actually began the absconding. I wish I could afford an attorney, this place is all together an literally have no regard for any civil rights of anyone! Thank you for your time, and reading my post.

Noel2766

I not only would be school full time, work full time but have a family of 5 to take care of without my husbands income or his help at home. I have no family any where near the area! And the parole officer told him to find a job but when my husband does he supposedly now absconded! He has been a role model 3 inside 4 years of classes to take time off out patient rehabilitation/therapy, no failed urine screens all for a bottle of pee and a 10 years sentence! He had 9 years an absconded less than a year! So maybe people have more on there plate! I wanted a simple answer not an answer from a simple mind without any proper information on that area, if you have no idea of what an answer maybe then please pass up the question! Thank your for your time in reading my post. Best wishes

Noel2766

Oh I also forgot to mention until this parole officer came in we had no problems. He gave my husband a 10 day sanction found his paperwork he lost and let my husband stay the remainder of the 10 days just to call him in office after an say that one didn’t count, don’t worry about it!

justalayman

That’s the thing the sentence he received was 10 years. Before he absconded, he took a total of 4 years off with classes and good behavior after his release of which he spent 3 years of incarcerated Also he absconded for less than a year! But the parole officer won’t tell either of us what the date he actually began the absconding. I wish I could afford an attorney, this place is all together an literally have no regard for any civil rights of anyone! Thank you for your time, and reading my post.
you admit he absconded but you are upset because the parole officer won’t give you a date your husband first absconded? Does it really make any difference?

When your husband broke the law and then failed to comply with the rules imposed upon him when he was released before serving all of his time, he has accepted his civil rights would be affected. It was his choice so the person you need to express your anger to is your husband. The doc is simply doing what they told your husband they would do if he didnt follow the rules he was to follow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">