• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jim20013

Hello, im from pennsylvania. my wife filed for divorce under the grounds of indignities.iv tried counceling but she refuses to go.i feel iv done nothin wrong, shes put me down i returned it. anyway, she made a purposal, i agreed to 95% percent of it, im afraid she is just gonna drag this out. i want to make a lump sum settlement. but there askin for like 5000 dollars. i dont have that kind of money, what will happen to me if i dont pay. thank u

L

LongIslanderGal

Right now she is only "asking" for it....doesn't mean she will get it....if she does, try to work out a payment option with her or through the court system...unfortunately if you end up having to pay a lump sum.... you end up paying the lump sum....courts don't care where it comes from....they tell you to sell, sell, sell.....if not you could be held in contempt which takes some time to go
through the courts...trust me , I know....been trying to get my ex into jail on contempt charges since mid Jan 2002....and it still hasn't happened yet. Don't panic....try to negotiate....!! Get an attorney if you don't have one....if you can't afford one...call Legal Services in your area to see if you qualify for free legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">