• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please read and please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

httpilk

I am currently stuck. My parents are both extremely screwed up in the head and they have 0 intentions of changing. They are separated so the true challenge is I can't live with either of them. My mother is dating the man that tried to rape me (although she knows and has seen the evidence and proof she was there when it happened) so I moved out of her house. My father is a man that has had a severe history of abuse (along with my mother) and he is extremely mean to me on a daily basis. Everyday that I am here he gets more and more aggressive and I am scared that it's only a matter of time that he hits me again. I am currently looking for a job to try and save up money to leave. My father does not have custody of me and I want to leave this place immediately but I have nowhere to go other than my friends house. One of my questions is if he can call the police on me for leaving. I'm scared of hurting my family but my family has no problem hurting me.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If you are a minor? If so, then go to the police and ask for help finding local resources. If this seems too daunting, then contact the social workers at you local school and explain your situation, even if you have already dropped out.

If you are not a minor, then just leave.

quincy

I am currently stuck. My parents are both extremely screwed up in the head and they have 0 intentions of changing. They are separated so the true challenge is I can't live with either of them. My mother is dating the man that tried to rape me (although she knows and has seen the evidence and proof she was there when it happened) so I moved out of her house. My father is a man that has had a severe history of abuse (along with my mother) and he is extremely mean to me on a daily basis. Everyday that I am here he gets more and more aggressive and I am scared that it's only a matter of time that he hits me again. I am currently looking for a job to try and save up money to leave. My father does not have custody of me and I want to leave this place immediately but I have nowhere to go other than my friends house. One of my questions is if he can call the police on me for leaving. I'm scared of hurting my family but my family has no problem hurting me.
What is the name of your state, httpilk?

Was the attempted rape ever reported to the police? Did you ever report your dad's physical abuse to the police?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How old are you and in what state is this? Both questions make a difference to the answer of what options you have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">