• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please tell me what i can do to get the final accounting in motion.it is killing me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Richard Smith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut.
I cannot take the sudden contradictory statements ,nor the endless guessing probate keeps giving me for timelines to the final accounting to be over and to get the money theyre sitting on so i can put a headstone on my sons grave..the torment is killing me i honestly cannot take the stress anymore.7 weeks ago my lawyer said they filed the final accounting with probate turnaround was 2 weeks then everything would be finally over.
in 2014 i lost my son,he was in the process of a lawsuit against the drunk driver that rear ended the car he was a passenger in.he received a laceration requiring stitches,multiple contusions,loss of consciousness,broken ribs,ptsd,a phobia about cars so great that he turned down an offer from myself to purchase a car for him and fund his drivers license finally leading to all registration fees Insurance etc as a graduation present and an aid to attend the college he was accepted and offered a scholarship for (uconn).he was extremely afflicted by anxiety and panic attacks,depression and some head trauma wasnt caught as he was having emotional impulse control issues.he took his life on the one year anniversary of the car accident almost to the hour.i lost the most precious thing in this world,to properly bury him took me selling and pawning everything of value i owned,thats ok my son was worth it.suddenly i had something i didnt want a long drawn out lawsuit that guranteed to keep the pain fresh with question upon question deposition and after 3 long years of being stuck in the shock of losing him ,settlement.then probate and actually they were extremely sensitive to my need to resolve his estate and put a headstone on his grave close that chapter,start grief counseling and maybe build some semblance of a life.then it started hold which woman is his biological mother,hmm the one that signed her parental rights away 10 years ago in that same probate court,the one who the state of Connecticut assistance collection agency had failed to attach her estate upon her passing for assistance received so kust figured they would take the money from the son she never raised,but probate had no clue!?
finally the final accounting was prepared and my attorney said was sent to probate,i checked and was told by probate "no it hasn't arrived yet but the judge is set to sign off on it and after 10 days it will be released".so after my attorney ignored endless messages,emails etc..i sent a last one saying if i do moy get any response,and business as usual -working on things as they see fit if they feel like it-continued i would finish hiring the attorney i had started hiring to double check every aspect of how this was handled and take action on any mishandled or questionionable actions.response came in less than an hour,the probate attorney went on vacation so its been sitting on a desk 4 weeks.however it was ready just a few signatures and they would efax it ,and he had spoke to probate and it would be roughly 10 days.I must say my attorney did exactly as he said i was extremely happy with his attention and grateful.after 7 days i call probate and the first person that answers says were waiting for the (quotes numbers and letters) i say they are there,he says oh ok 1 sec.transfered to a woman very intelligent ,but not really interested .she says we are waiting for the final...oh....the tax...oh...ok well well have to review this and youll hear from us in 2 weeks..my question is what happened to the judge is set to sign it and in ten days after..?it was clear they werent sure what or didnt know that everything was sitting waiting..what must i say for them to first realize im not an attorney so explain,and is there any way to reflect what this is doing to me,its not a ridiculous amount of money..please its been 3 years ive been to 2 probate hearings about the same amount ,im satisfied and ok..they mentioned fast track? please help me politely ask probate to let me start my life.give it the attention it needs and release it and me from the ever changing dates the indifferent representation.they have it read the 5 pages and end my suffering.i read something about a waiver can expedite its release..if someone could explain this or the best way to handle this final stage,please i would be extremely grateful..thankyou

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut.
I cannot take the sudden contradictory statements ,nor the endless guessing probate keeps giving me for timelines to the final accounting to be over and to get the money theyre sitting on so i can put a headstone on my sons grave..the torment is killing me i honestly cannot take the stress anymore.7 weeks ago my lawyer said they filed the final accounting with probate turnaround was 2 weeks then everything would be finally over.

in 2014 i lost my son,he was in the process of a lawsuit against the drunk driver that rear ended the car he was a passenger in.he received a laceration requiring stitches,multiple contusions,loss of consciousness,broken ribs,ptsd,a phobia about cars so great that he turned down an offer from myself to purchase a car for him and fund his drivers license finally leading to all registration fees Insurance etc as a graduation present and an aid to attend the college he was accepted and offered a scholarship for (uconn).he was extremely afflicted by anxiety and panic attacks,depression and some head trauma wasnt caught as he was having emotional impulse control issues.he took his life on the one year anniversary of the car accident almost to the hour.i lost the most precious thing in this world,to properly bury him took me selling and pawning everything of value i owned,thats ok my son was worth it.suddenly i had something i didnt want a long drawn out lawsuit that guranteed to keep the pain fresh with question upon question deposition and after 3 long years of being stuck in the shock of losing him ,settlement.then probate and actually they were extremely sensitive to my need to resolve his estate and put a headstone on his grave close that chapter,start grief counseling and maybe build some semblance of a life.then it started hold which woman is his biological mother,hmm the one that signed her parental rights away 10 years ago in that same probate court,the one who the state of Connecticut assistance collection agency had failed to attach her estate upon her passing for assistance received so kust figured they would take the money from the son she never raised,but probate had no clue!?

finally the final accounting was prepared and my attorney said was sent to probate,i checked and was told by probate "no it hasn't arrived yet but the judge is set to sign off on it and after 10 days it will be released".so after my attorney ignored endless messages,emails etc..i sent a last one saying if i do moy get any response,and business as usual -working on things as they see fit if they feel like it-continued i would finish hiring the attorney i had started hiring to double check every aspect of how this was handled and take action on any mishandled or questionionable actions.response came in less than an hour,the probate attorney went on vacation so its been sitting on a desk 4 weeks.however it was ready just a few signatures and they would efax it ,and he had spoke to probate and it would be roughly 10 days.I must say my attorney did exactly as he said i was extremely happy with his attention and grateful.

after 7 days i call probate and the first person that answers says were waiting for the (quotes numbers and letters) i say they are there,he says oh ok 1 sec.transfered to a woman very intelligent ,but not really interested .she says we are waiting for the final...oh....the tax...oh...ok well well have to review this and youll hear from us in 2 weeks.

.my question is what happened to the judge is set to sign it and in ten days after..? it was clear they werent sure what or didnt know that everything was sitting waiting..what must i say for them to first realize im not an attorney so explain,and is there any way to reflect what this is doing to me,its not a ridiculous amount of money..please its been 3 years ive been to 2 probate hearings about the same amount ,im satisfied and ok..they mentioned fast track?

please help me politely ask probate to let me start my life.give it the attention it needs and release it and me from the ever changing dates the indifferent representation.they have it read the 5 pages and end my suffering.i read something about a waiver can expedite its release..if someone could explain this or the best way to handle this final stage,please i would be extremely grateful..thankyou
First, I'm so sorry for the loss of your son.

Second, I edited your post to provide white space, in the hopes it would be easier to understand. Unfortunately, there's so much extra information in there that I'm really not sure what your question is. But since you have an attorney, it would be best to ask him or her your questions. We don't have the information that your attorney does, and have no way of knowing why there is any delay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">