• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Think Good Thoughts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

Y'all who are familiar with the saga of the past decade or so... Wild and Unruly are in MO for the week - they flew back yesterday. They're staying with my sister, per the GAL's recommendation, and will have 3 therapeutic visits with their father, and 4 unsupervised daytime visits. Their Stepmother may or may not be present at the therapy sessions. Obviously, no one can make her do anything - legal stranger and all that.

Please send some good Juju their way. Especially Unruly's. Wild turned 18 on Christmas Eve, and so will age out of any order before we have one (court is end of January), but Unruly is only 14, and is very nervous/scared about these visits.

Thanks.

Just Blue

Y'all who are familiar with the saga of the past decade or so... Wild and Unruly are in MO for the week - they flew back yesterday. They're staying with my sister, per the GAL's recommendation, and will have 3 therapeutic visits with their father, and 4 unsupervised daytime visits. Their Stepmother may or may not be present at the therapy sessions. Obviously, no one can make her do anything - legal stranger and all that.

Please send some good Juju their way. Especially Unruly's. Wild turned 18 on Christmas Eve, and so will age out of any order before we have one (court is end of January), but Unruly is only 14, and is very nervous/scared about these visits.

Thanks.
I will sent a little juju (mojo) to the west...I know your child has a cell and can call you if there is a problem with the stepmonster. Plus Wild is there...She will help Unruly. That is what Big Sisters do...

;):)

LdiJ

Thanks.
I agree with Blue, Unruly has Wild and Wild WILL watch out for her. They have my good thoughts reaching out to them.

By the way, I am tickled to discover that Wild and my daughter share the same birthday. Wasn't it a lot of fun spending Christmas in the hospital?...LOL.

CJane

Blue's right. 90% of why Wild even went this time was to take care of Unruly. But it's a lot to put on Big Sis' shoulders, yanno?

It's not going great. They had a good therapy session today, and then had a good outing with their Dad. But then he called my sister, told her she was insinuating herself where she didn't belong, and he wants the girls overnight tomorrow. NOT gonna happen. And now, he's not responding to the kids' texts or calls.

*sigh*

LdiJ

Blue's right. 90% of why Wild even went this time was to take care of Unruly. But it's a lot to put on Big Sis' shoulders, yanno?

It's not going great. They had a good therapy session today, and then had a good outing with their Dad. But then he called my sister, told her she was insinuating herself where she didn't belong, and he wants the girls overnight tomorrow. NOT gonna happen. And now, he's not responding to the kids' texts or calls.

*sigh*
I am so sorry. Are you solid on the court order?...that you can refuse to cooperate with overnights this visit? Are you in communication with the GAL? I don't understand why he would even attempt that.

CJane

I am so sorry. Are you solid on the court order?...that you can refuse to cooperate with overnights this visit? Are you in communication with the GAL? I don't understand why he would even attempt that.
The girls are in communication with both the GAL and the therapist. The order actually says that "all visit arrangements should be made through the Guardian ad Litem"

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Solidifying the groundwork already there. I hope they are at least enjoying time with their aunt!

Too bad Dad is so clueless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">