• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PMI Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlw1000

My state: Delaware
Bank State: Ohio

I settled a mortgage several months ago with National City Mortgage. All throughout the apllication process and at settlement I was told PMI was required, but could be removed after my loan to value ratio was less than 80%. Now the bank claims I can not get it removed unless my loan to value drops below 65%. I am in the midst of arguing this point with the bank. I tell them they can not unilaterally change the terms of our agreement, their position is tough luck you gotta pay it.

What is the most expedient way to get this resolved?

ALawyer

This is really one that is likely to get a better answer on the real estate boards, as PMI is not really "insurance".

J

jlw1000

Then my attorney's most recent suggestion of contacting the Delaware Insurance Commissioner is incorrect?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">