• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police altering evidance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jgdent2019

Why won't my attorney court-appointed get me an expert witness the review video authenticity and to verify informant if she's an informant the whole police report is a Lie the video authenticity is not how it happened but the video they showed me is altered what do I do

Just Blue

Why won't my attorney court-appointed get me an expert witness the review video authenticity and to verify informant if she's an informant the whole police report is a Lie the video authenticity is not how it happened but the video they showed me is altered what do I do
What state? What did your attorney tell you when you asked him/her this question? What are your charges?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What US state?

Why won't my attorney court-appointed get me an expert witness the review video authenticity and to verify informant if she's an informant
You can't expect that any of us would be able to answer that question.
the whole police report is a Lie the video authenticity is not how it happened but the video they showed me is altered what do I do
If you are not satisfied with the representation provided, you are free to hire your own attorney.

Mass_Shyster

That depends on the state you're in. If you watch the documentary "Gideon's Army", you'll see examples of some of the limitations on court-appointed attorneys. In that documentary, one of the lawyers filed a motion to trick the prosecutor into analyzing fingerprint evidence because the defense attorney had no budget to do that.

Here in Massachusetts, I can file a motion for funds for an expert, and the court will pay the expert.

Since you didn't provide your state, there's really no way anyone can answer your question.

quincy

A public defender (in most states) must apply for and get court approval before hiring expert witnesses or investigators. The expenses are paid for by the state - and states can have limited budgets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">