• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimmy40

Police Harrassment?

My nephew a couple of weeks ago was in a bar, a friend of his boss came in and sat next to him and they watched football. My nephew pulled his wallet out and was going to pay and the other guy said don't worry he'll pay for it. The friend left for the bathroom and told my nephew to watch his camera. The police came in said because my nephew was opening his wallet under the table they thought he was taking drugs. Told him to walk outside. The interigated him for 20 telling him to admit he was on drugs and they'd just give him a ticket and the judge would probably just throw it out of court. My nephew refused to admit it and they forced him to go to the local hospital and take a piss test. They said he wasn't under arrest but they would arrest him if he didn't take the test. He passed with no drugs in his system. He asked for a ride back to his car and the police said he'd have to take a taxi, they weren't allowed to take him back. My sister called an attorney in the town, they said, since he wasn't under arrest or had any marks on him it would be a waste of their time and effort. They said just be lucky you son isn't black or hispanic or they would've beaten the crap out of him first. Did his civil rights get abused or what? They said next time force the police to arrest your son. Now according to a lawyer's advice he has to go down to the police department and have this incident removed from his record. Where's our Civil Rights in our Nation now? It seems we're in a police state being run by the KGB.

[Edited by jimmy40 on 12-13-2000 at 04:56 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">