• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police jurisdiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Wmat is the name of your state? michigan

can a police officer from city B sit across the road which is actually city A with a radar gun and pull over cars on both sides??
We live in city A and constantly see cops from city B sitting on city A's side because there is a nice little hiding spot there



Yes and no is the answer to your question. Such as if you live in the Metro Detroit area and you live near (I think its 8 mile which is the county border) then yes it is legal for officers from Warren to pull you over on the Detroit side and cite you into Macomb court or say a Hazel park officer to do the same and cite you into Oakland County court.

I used to work in Michigan and where I worked at, was along the county border so it was common knowledge to see the local cops and county sheriff's to issue cite's on one side into there local courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential