• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police prank (using official police car and lights) caused IEED to 4 year old daughte

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHRoadwarrior

Your wife actually took your daughter Halloweening and did not warn her she would likely see freaky scary things that were intended to be entertaining? When you saw the police lights, why did she not pick up your daughter assuming it was a display of that type? Mom should have followed it up with a visit to the officers home during the following day so your daughter could learn that what she perceived was in fact a prank and that the police car and officer were just trying to liven things up. Instead you have allowed the image to stay reinforced.

PaulMass

it took me a while to reply because i was "researching" based on the complaint.

The complaint wont do my daughter good, it will just put my family in the "blacklisted" neighbours.

my daughter can be evaluated by a psychologist who can write a report.
assuming the report shows emotional distress, would I have a case then with all the photo and witness evidence?
Will money do your daughter good?

You really should have your daughter evaluated to see what is going on. If it turns out that she is, in fact, suffering from severe emotional distress, you should contact an attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
it took me a while to reply because i was "researching" based on the complaint.

The complaint wont do my daughter good, it will just put my family in the "blacklisted" neighbours.

my daughter can be evaluated by a psychologist who can write a report.
assuming the report shows emotional distress, would I have a case then with all the photo and witness evidence?
So your daughter has not been treated by a psychiatrist or therapist? Apparently it was not that big of a deal. You have no case.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Will money do your daughter good?

You really should have your daughter evaluated to see what is going on. If it turns out that she is, in fact, suffering from severe emotional distress, you should contact an attorney.
If the daughter was suffering, then good parents would have taken the child to counseling early November. Not waited until they think it would help them in a lawsuit.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would NEVER send my 4-year old in to the middle of police activity unless I knew ahead of time exactly what was going on. What if the car was actually there ON A CALL??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
state : NC

A police officer, in the driveway of his home, in his home neighbourhood (where we also live) , part of a subdivision had his lights on (siren lights) and police car parked in his driveway on halloween night 2014.
my wife was taking my kid and other kids from the nighbourhood trick or treating.

when my daughter approached the front door, she screamed in horror . my wife looked and under the tire of the police car was a body with head missing (showing as if it was crushed by the tire").
my daughter was stepping in the fake blood that was pumping from the body, my daughter did not know.
her leggings (white) had fake blood on them (from stepping and splashes) not knowing she was stepping in blood.
she was standing there crying histerically.
mom pulled her and the other kids from the scene and tried to calm her down, she would not stop screaming for a long time.

And your wife thought it appropriate to take your wife to house with a police car in front of it, with his lights on? Not a smart move on your wife's part.

i have pictures of the police car with the scene. many neighbours also have similar pictures (thanks to iphones etc).
I also have the red stained leggings.
And?

my daughter could not sleep and had nightmares and shivers every time she sees a police car.
she cried a lot that night. slept very late in mommy's bed. she has been "distant" and "super scared" about everything since then.
she still says she hates halloween and does not want halloween ever again.
she has nightmares that are too scary to talk about.

I am worried about my daughter's mental sanity.
she has been a different person after this incident, immediately since after.
Yet you don't mention that your child is in counseling or seeing a therapist or what said therapist says about the situation. Which leads me to believe you don't have her in counseling and haven't taken her to a counselor. So you can't be that worried about your daughter's sanity. Or you don't care that much.

i made my wife write and sign a deposition to which i witnessed (more than 4 pages) detailing everything that she recalls.
i did not go to the police...this is the police....
You MADE your wife write and sign a deposition? It won't mean anything. It has no value quite frankly.

i do not want to open hate doors on me due to my ethnicity and the harrasment /bullying i could and my wife and kids could face.
however we are moving soon to another location so we won't be neighbours with this cop anymore so i am now considering taking action,depending if the settlement would be worth it or not, court costs being in the thousands easily....
I am subscribed to the thread via email so i will get your reply very quickly
This is not a lawsuit. This is also not a good presentation of your parenting.

thanks for your help,
dad of a 4 year old princess....
Get your daughter into counseling. The fact that you haven't so far tells me you have been very neglectful of her mental health.

Ladyback1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
state : NC

I am worried about my daughter's mental sanity.
she has been a different person after this incident, immediately since after.

i do not want to open hate doors on me due to my ethnicity and the harrasment /bullying i could and my wife and kids could face.
however we are moving soon to another location so we won't be neighbours with this cop anymore so i am now considering taking action,depending if the settlement would be worth it or not, court costs being in the thousands easily....
I am subscribed to the thread via email so i will get your reply very quickly

thanks for your help,
dad of a 4 year old princess....
Frankly? This does not seem to be about your daughter's mental health, but more about winning the lawsuit lottery.

Get "Princess" to counseling/therapy. You are not qualified to determine if your daughter has some sort of "damage" from this incident or not.

:mad::mad::mad:

OHRoadwarrior

Before counseling, I would take princess to the officers home so he can explain the Halloween prank and allow her to meet his family and play with the lights and siren.

Proserpina

For once in my life, I'm speechless.

I have absolutely no idea why this OP is ... well, doing what he's doing.

The fact that we all agree with each other is just the icing on the cake.

baba1978

that is a very good idea....

Before counseling, I would take princess to the officers home so he can explain the Halloween prank and allow her to meet his family and play with the lights and siren.
that is a very good idea.... and I would do that for my daughter, definitely.
thank you so much

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">