• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was assaulted bya neighbor and went to the police to file a complaint. They gave me this option: They could throw us both into a cell and have us fight it out or I could go see a psychiatrist because I was visibly upset. I agreed to see a shrink, they put me into handcuffs and at the hospital they kept me in the nuthouse for 7 days. The hospital said that since the police brought me in I must be violent and suicidal. Should I pursue this as a civil rights violation?



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Oh most certainly! I am not sure of the exact section of violation, but yeah. You were thrown in (voluntarily) under involuntary conditions.

Get a lawyer ASAP. Also, might want to check in about the neighbor issue, as well.
When you mean assault, did you just feel apprehension at being hit? Or were you actually hit? Or both? If both, it is assault and battery (actual hitting).

Did you hit neighbor or assault him? Who started this whole mess?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential