• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police too pcs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suziew

Ok story goes..
the police took 3 pcs from our home in relation to drug dealing.. (not me btw)
they have give them back today noticed that the hard drives have been taken out and then put back.
Now does this mean because we had them back that no evidence was found on them or what actually have they done?
they had them 24 hrs.
please help anyone?

They copied them. Taking special notice to everything that had been deleted.
They also may have planted something on them so that they can come back....
Get new harddrives and get the old ones out of the house ASAP.

suziew

planted something?

and what about other stuff on the pc can they use that for new incident (new crime) or not

this is so confusing

suziew

yep your having a bad day so your being nasty in not helping others... one day i hope when you ask for advice someone is nasty n arsy to you!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
yep your having a bad day so your being nasty in not helping others... one day i hope when you ask for advice someone is nasty n arsy to you!
You are an idiot. You intentionally erased the portion of the first post that informed you that you needed to provide the name of your state and also that this was a US Law Only forum.

And then *I* am the nasty one.

suziew

well when someone is shook up after a long ordeal they are not thinking correctly and im sorry i am far from a idiot! I will go elsewhere for guidance because here i only get abuse!

The Occultist

well when someone is shook up after a long ordeal they are not thinking correctly and im sorry i am far from a idiot! I will go elsewhere for guidance because here i only get abuse!
You could have solved all of this by simply telling us the name of your state. The name of your state is very important because each state has their own set of laws, so in order to give any sort of accurate advice, knowing your state is crucial.

CdwJava

Ok story goes..
the police took 3 pcs from our home in relation to drug dealing.. (not me btw)
they have give them back today noticed that the hard drives have been taken out and then put back.
Now does this mean because we had them back that no evidence was found on them or what actually have they done?
they had them 24 hrs.
please help anyone?
They took them out to "clone" the drives. That's how they search them for evidence - they don't generally poke through the drive itself as they want to keep it clean, if they can, as it makes for better evidence. If they had found something, they would have kept the hard drives.

Is it possible they are searching the clones? Sure. Would their evidence now be tainted if they found something on the clone after giving you back your computer? Yep! hence the reason I would say they did not find what they were looking for.

Oh, and to know much else, we do need your state. State laws, and national regions, effect the admissibility of evidence and the legality of searches, so without knowing the state, any question you might ask stands little chance of a detailed response.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">