• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police would not remove trespassers that had been on my property for only two days failing to pay the amount of rent required to rent property promise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What should I do with the police will not enforce the law that is written about people being removed

• Should the police have done their job according to the law

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should I file a complaint be filed against the policeman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Specifically what law says that the police are obligated to remove people on your say-so?

Just Blue

I'm going to "guess" that Buck was told be the police that his was a civil matter and not criminal...

adjusterjack

Should the police have done their job according to the law
The police have absolutely no statutory or legal authority to remove your tenant (yes, tenant, not trespasser) without a court eviction order. (Unless, of course, the tenant is committing a crime in their presence.)

Should I file a complaint be filed against the policeman
No.

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
You need to tell us more details of this to determine if they were in fact trespassers. But going just by what you put in the subject line you indicate that they were permitted on the property as your tenants and that your problem with them is that they had not paid to you the agreed upon rent. In that case, they are NOT trespassers. They are tenants and the police cannot remove them from the property without a court order. So, like it or not, you have to go through the eviction process to get them out.

Gail in Georgia

While every landlord has probably dreamed of the desirable goal that they can just call the police to toss a tenant out on their ear that has been late paying rent by two days the real truth is that there is a process that a landlord must go through to receive a court order allowing for a LEGAL eviction.

Are you claiming these folks are squatters?

Or tenants whom you allowed to move in without paying a security deposit and the first months rent on the promise that one or both will be coming sometime in the future?

Gail

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">