• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Policy canceled due to lack of payment from Mortgage company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Diane Stokes

What is the name of your state? Mo.
My insurance Company canceled my policy for non payment from my Mortgage Company. I can't believe that I am being held responsible for something my Mortgage company should of paid.
I have been paying homeowners insurance for 18 years & I can't believe that I am being canceled for something that is not my fault. We refinanced our home in March / then when our policy became due and we submitted a claim for hail damage we found out that our homeowners policy was not paid. When we refinanced we had to show proof of insurance at the title company for closing out the loan. The mortgage Company says they notified our insurance company of the changes. Paperwork documents it - but our insurance company didn't make the changes & submitted request for payment to the old mortgage Co. Now they say we have no insurance on our home. We received a letter reinstating us after the mortgage co. pd them - then Today we rec. a check for our premium from the insurance Co. I am confused - Do I have insurance or not? I didn't cash the premium check - I was thinking about tearing it up or sending it back to the insurance co. Do I need to find another insurance Co.?

tammy8

Call your insurance agent and speak with them ASAP! Sometimes a policy will be reinstated due to company (mortgage company that is) error. The problems that you may face though are 1) you tried to file a claim and are therefore considered a risk (especially if you have prior claims) 2) if the bill was sent to another mortgage company then the insurance company would still send YOU notice of where the bill was sent and it is your responsiblity to read your policy every year and make sure the policy is correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">