• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Policy cancelled just days before death - please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acabel

What is the name of your state?Hi, my Dad just passed away yesterday, he had a whole life insurance that was cancelled just days before because we couldn't afford the payment. Is there anything we could could do to un-cancel it and claim the money? The check (for the cash value) is still on hold at the bank.

Abel

Dandy Don

Cancelled by who--the company or by the decedent?

What is the amount of the check being kept on hold at the bank and why is it on hold there?

Who wrote this check?

acabel

Dandy Don said:
Cancelled by who--the company or by the decedent?

What is the amount of the check being kept on hold at the bank and why is it on hold there?

Who wrote this check?
It was cancelled by the policy holder (my dad) days before he died because we couldn't afford the payment. When the policy was cancelled, the insurance company gave my dad the rest of the "cash value" for terminating the whole life insurance. We had the policy for 16 years, the premium is $933, when my dad was in between jobs, we just couldn't spare that kind of money. I hope that clarifies.

Dandy Don

There is nothing else you can do. Since he cancelled the policy and the cash value check has been issued, the insurance company considers this matter over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">