• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

policy fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

griner3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

My father recently passed away. His life insurance policy listed my two brothers, myself, and my stepmother as equal beneficiaries. While he was in the hospital just prior to his death, the policy was changed to list my step mother as sole beneficiary. I know my father wouldnt do that. My father had a rubber stamp signature that he used in his office at times. My stepmother's best friend is a notary public. After my fathers death, my stepmother burned all the papers in my fathers office. I have reason to believe the changes were made by my stepmother and her friend during my fathers illness, using his stamped signature. How would I go about investigating the matter?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Betty

Were the proceeds already paid out to stepmother? If so, I would talk to an attorney. If the proceeds haven't been paid out yet, start by contacting the ins. co. & contest payment to the stepmother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">