• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Policy loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dickieb

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My husband took out a loan from his life ins. policy in 1991 or 1992. The interest has been accumulating in the policy and it is now in danger of lapsing. The current agent wants me to start repaying the loan at $200/mo. I had requested an illustration and this showed me putting in $1200 next year, $950 the following year, $750 for the next ten years, and then $4250 for 5 years and then I would not have to pay. If the policy averages 8%, then this scenario is fine. If the policy only does 6%, it lapses next year. I don't believe it makes sense to keep this policy, but I need to know if I am going to get a 1099 if I let this policy lapse. Please advise.

dickieb said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
My husband took out a loan from his life ins. policy in 1991 or 1992. The interest has been accumulating in the policy and it is now in danger of lapsing. The current agent wants me to start repaying the loan at $200/mo. I had requested an illustration and this showed me putting in $1200 next year, $950 the following year, $750 for the next ten years, and then $4250 for 5 years and then I would not have to pay. If the policy averages 8%, then this scenario is fine. If the policy only does 6%, it lapses next year. I don't believe it makes sense to keep this policy, but I need to know if I am going to get a 1099 if I let this policy lapse. Please advise.
Is this by chance a universal life insurance policy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">