• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? tx
i bought a car of $5500 and paid $8000 so they could fix some things on it. they would give me a reimbursment of anything left over. they worked on it and now refuse to give me anything because the work came out to $2500.
they gave me an invoice with the totals but they refused to provide me with an itemized statement. (basically i don't know what they did to the car that justifies 2500). they informed me that it was against their policy.
this does not sound right to me. the problem is that this amount has already been paid along with the purchase of the car...
i do have a right to know what they did to the car right? since i paid for the work? what can i do to have them give me the complete invoice?
Last edited:


I've never heard of someone paying for auto repairs on a 'debit' basis. That's really an invitation to shenanigans.


Junior Member
what had originally happened is that they overcharged me for the car, and when i confronted the salesman, he told me that they overcharged me to fix the car...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential