• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Political Asylum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Hi, I am asking for this information for my brother. He lives in Massachussets. He was born in Haiti. came to US in 1988. He was 12 years old. Sometime in the 90s He filed for Political Asylum and he was Denied. A couple years later President Bill Clinton pass an Immigration Law for the Haitian who got Denied Political Asylum, could Reapply. A Lawyer helped him Reapplied. they gave him an Authorization working card. He now just find out there was a mistake in his application. The Lawyer who helped him somehow accidently Checked that He was Deported. Which He never have and or never asked to by the INS. He just received papers from INS requesting info on When, Why and How was he Deported. He has no-way of answering these questions. Now how can he correct that error. Also He got married last year and his wife is a Born US Citizen. What is his best option. Can he cancel the Asylum case and have his wife Apply for him? and if He can. What is the procedures of canceling a case and to immediately Apply for another case. And again about the Deportation thing, will it be in his record for the case? Please any advise would help. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential