• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pool leakage discovered after home purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Most if not all lenders require appraisals and most appraisals require inspections. These inspections might be perfunctory, however, which is why it is the smart homebuyer who will hire their own inspector.

An inspection can pick up defects not visible to a homebuyer on the homebuyer's typical house walk-throughs - defects like leaky pools, for example. ;)

FlyingRon

That MPR inspection for the VA and most appraisals are not the same scope as the "home inspection" that the home inspection racket foists off on the public. Your "home inspection" of the latter will mean nothing to the USDA. Neither do appraisals do much other than a drive by check for condition.

Your average home inspector wouldn't find a pool leak if he fell into it.

justalayman

That MPR inspection for the VA and most appraisals are not the same scope as the "home inspection" that the home inspection racket foists off on the public. Your "home inspection" of the latter will mean nothing to the USDA. Neither do appraisals do much other than a drive by check for condition.

Your average home inspector wouldn't find a pool leak if he fell into it.
But my point that va and other federally backed loans do require an inspection is correct. For some reason you took issue with that exact statement.

STEPHAN

8000 is way to much.

We often salvage pools and pay around 4000 for a full refurbish including recoating.

FlyingRon

Which is why I said "yes and no." What passes for a "home inspection" by those sorts of contractors is not required. Certain inspections are required as part of the appraisal, but they are different than what "Joe's Home Inspection" offers.

quincy

8000 is way to much.

We often salvage pools and pay around 4000 for a full refurbish including recoating.
I would guess that Florida has quite a few "pool people" to choose from. I definitely advise getting references, and estimates from at least three companies with good reputations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">