• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pool liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deeveegee

What is the name of your state? California
I live next door to a family with two small children. I also have a pool. It has been fenced off according to the local codes but my neighbor has just put up a play gym for their children right next to it. The children can now climb it and hop down into our yard with no trouble. My question is this... Am I still responsible if an accident occurs in my pool if their children (or their children's friends) use this as an entry into my property? The play gym is about twelve feet tall.

D

deeveegee

My neighbor is fully aware of our pool. Do they have any legal responsibility to protect their children (and other children as well) from the swimming pool? It would only take them moving the play house/ gym an extra five feet or so away from the fence lone to keep the kids from jumping into our yard. Our neighbor seems to not care that they are doing this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">