• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poor Responses from HOA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cls465

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Maryland

I own a townhome in Prince George's County, Maryland, and my HOA, which is still owned by a management group in Merrifield, Virginia has been less than accountable, responsible and most times will not accept my phone calls (or any calls from any of the residents for that matter). We pay our fees on time, but receive less than acceptable service. The HOA refuses to turnover the association to the residents. Where or to whom in Maryland (or VA??) can I file a complaint for HOA neglect? Because this particular HOA has an address in Virginia, (in our case, Merrifield, Virginia) is the HOA bound the operating laws in Virginia or Maryland?

I think we need a good attorney. Am I correct? Thanks for any advice or help you can offer!
cls465 of Maryland

HomeGuru

cls465 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Maryland

I own a townhome in Prince George's County, Maryland, and my HOA, which is still owned by a management group in Merrifield, Virginia has been less than accountable, responsible and most times will not accept my phone calls (or any calls from any of the residents for that matter). We pay our fees on time, but receive less than acceptable service. The HOA refuses to turnover the association to the residents. Where or to whom in Maryland (or VA??) can I file a complaint for HOA neglect? Because this particular HOA has an address in Virginia, (in our case, Merrifield, Virginia) is the HOA bound the operating laws in Virginia or Maryland?

I think we need a good attorney. Am I correct? Thanks for any advice or help you can offer!
cls465 of Maryland

**A: you are correct. The owners need a good HOA attorney.
The governing laws would be the laws of the state that the project is in, hence Maryland.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">